Construction and Application of Enteral Nutrition Nursing Management System under Medical Alliance Mode
Background: We aimed to construct enteral nutrition nursing management system under medical alliance mode, and to explore the clinical application effect.
Methods: Based on the training project of enteral nutrition nursing team of Chinese Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, the enteral nutrition nursing management system was constructed in June 2021. Using the convenient sampling method, 850 cases of enteral nutrition clinical practice were selected from medical alliance hospitals before and 6 months after the implementation of the system. The process indicators of enteral nutrition nursing quality were checked, and the reported outcome indicators were compared.
Results: After the implementation, the implementation rate of enteral nutrition risk screening, the implementation rate of nutritional status assessment, and the correct rate of nursing measures of nurses in medical alliance hospitals were significantly improved (P<0.001). The frequency of aspiration, diarrhea and unplanned extubation was notably decreased (P<0.05). The mastery rate of enteral nutrition knowledge and the satisfaction rate of nursing work of patients were significantly higher than before (P<0.001).
Conclusion: The established enteral nutrition nursing management system under the medical alliance model was effective and feasible, which was helpful to improve the level of enteral nutrition nursing management and the quality of enteral nutrition nursing in the medical alliance hospitals.
2. Delgado G E, LopezG J, Torres T B, et al (2021). Risk factor of hyperglycemia with enteral nutrition in nondiabetic patients in clinic university hospital. Clinical Nutrition ESPEN, 46: S629-S630.
3. Cadena AJ, Habib S, Rincon F, Dobak S (2020). The Benefits of Parenteral Nutri-tion (PN) Versus Enteral Nutrition (EN) Among Adult Critically Ill Patients: What is the Evidence? A Literature Review. J In-tensive Care Med, 35(7): 615-626.
4. Xiong DL, Ma PF, Ke H, Zhang XH, Li SY (2018). Investigation and Analysis of the Status of Enteral Nutrition Knowledge and Behavior of the Nurse in the Nutri-tion Group of a First-class Hospital in Wuhan City. Chinese Journal of Social Medical, 35(6): 600-603.
5. WeerawardhanaP, Meego-daL,Goonewardena S (2021). A tool for assessing nurses' knowledge and practic-es on enteral nutrition therapy: a modi-fied Delphi study. Clinical Nutrition ES-PEN, 46:648.
6. General Office of the State Council. The CPC Central Committee and The State Council issued the Outline of the ‘Healthy China 2030’ Plan [EB/OL]. http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/2016-10/25/content_5124174. htm. 2016-10-25.
7. General Office of the State Council. General Office of the State Council issued Na-tional Nutrition Plan (2017-2030) [EB/OL]. http://www.gov.cn/xinwen/2017-07/13/content_5210199. htm, 2017-07-13.
8. Salizar M L, Noriedayu M R, Aniawanis M (2021). Community nurses’ knowledge and nursing care skills on enteral nutri-tion: A knowledge transfer programme. Enfermeria Clinica, 31(S2): S286-S290.
9. National Health Commission. Interpretation of the Guiding Opinions of the National Health and Family Planning Commission on the pilot work of Medical Consortium Construction [EB/OL]. 2017-05-11/2018-04-10.
10. Lu FY, Dong L, Liu Y, Wang Y, Dai YH, Lv FC, Wang HF (2022). Establishment of quality evaluation indicator system for perioperative nursing in pediatric liver transplantation. Chinese Journal of Nursing, 57(6): 666-673.
11. Zhao SY, Yu JH, Wang H, et al (2019). Construction of nursing-sensitive quality indicators system of enteral nutrition on the basis of evidence-based approach. Chinese Journal of Nursing, 54(3): 344-349.
12. Kanthasamy KA, Akshintala VS, Singh VK (2020). Nutritional Management of Acute Pancreatitis. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, 50(1): 141-150.
13. Roman Jones J, Boltz M, Allen R, Van Haitsma K, Leslie D (2022). Nursing stu-dents’ risk perceptions related to medica-tion administration error: A qualitative study. Nurse Educ Pract, 58:103274.
14. Mostafa N, Alex A, Zuluaga CM, et al (2016). Role of Safety Training: Impact on Hazard Recognition and Safety Risk Perception. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 142(12): 04016073.
15. Talal AH, Gamil G A (2020). Intensive care nurses' knowledge of enteral nutrition at public hospitals in Sana'a, Yemen: a cross-sectional survey. F1000Research, 9:759.
16. Peng LQ, GaoYY, LuR, et al (2020). Effica-cy of Omaha system-based nursing man-agement on nutritional status in patients undergoing peritoneal dialysis: A ran-domized controlled trial protocol. Medi-cine, 99(51): e23572.
17. Wang W, Huang Y, Lan Y, Wang L (2021). The application of a structural nutritional care management model in severe acute pancreatitis patients undergoing early en-teral nutrition via nasal jejunal nutrition tubes. Am J Transl Res, 2021, 13(7): 8200-8206.
18. Yang J (2019). The strategy of hospital sci-entific research information management [C].Proceedings of 2019 3rd International Conference on Mechanical and Electron-ics Engineering (ICMEE 2019). Clausius Scientific Press, 2019:34-36.
19. ShaoX, YaoJ, DongB, et al (2020). Applica-tion Research and Comparative Analysis of Nursing Information System in China and America. International Journal of Fron-tiers in Sociology, 2020, 2.0(6.0).
|Issue||Vol 52 No 3 (2023)|
|Medical alliance Enteral nutrition Nursing management Clinical nursing|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|