Serum Dihydropyrimidinase-Like 3 Concentration in Patients with Gastric Cancer and Its Diagnostic Value
Background: We aimed to investigate the serum concentration of dihydropyrimidinase-like 3 (DPYSL3) in patients with gastric cancer and its clinical significance.
Methods: Seventy four patients with gastric cancer from Wuhan Central Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China from October 2018 to April 2019 were selected as the case group. Sixty patients with normal gastric mucosa or mild non-atrophic gastritis were selected as the control group. Serum DPYSL3, CA72-4 and CEA concentrations were measured in both groups.
Results: The serum DPYSL3 concentration in the case group was significantly higher than that in the healthy control group (22.04±9.22 vs. 8.36±4.19 μg/L, P<0.001). The serum DPYSL3 concentration in patients with advanced gastric cancer was significantly higher than that in early gastric cancer (27.09±9.12 vs. 13.04±8.22 μg/L, P<0.01); serum DPYSL3 concentration was significantly correlated with tumor size, TNM stage and differentiation (P<0.05). When the cutoff value was 20.98 μg/L, the serum DPYSL3 concentration could differentiate the gastric cancer with ROCAUC 0.882 (95% CI: 0.828-0.937) with sensitivity and specificity of 75% and 94%, respectively. Serum CA72-4 concentration could differentiate the gastric cancer from health controls with ROCAUC 0.812 (95% CI: 0.734-0.834), serum CEA concentration could differentiate gastric cancer with ROCAUC 0.612 (95% CI: 0.534 ~ 0.634). The serum concentrations of DPYSL3, CA72-4 and CEA in gastric cancer patients were increased compared to health controls.
Conclusion: Three serological markers have complementary diagnostic value for gastric cancer. Serum DPYSL3 is a new potential molecular marker for gastric cancer.
2. Khanderia E, Markar SR, Acharya A, et al (2016). The Influence of Gastric Cancer Screening on the Stage at Diagnosis and Survival. J Clin Gastroenterol, 50(3): 190-197.
3. Kanda M, Nomoto S, Oya H, et al (2014). Dihydropyrimidinase-like 3 facilitates ma-lignant behavior of gastric cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res, 33(1): 66.
4. Kanda M, Kodera Y (2015). Recent advanc-es in the molecular diagnostics of gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol, 21(34): 9838-52.
5. Kanda M, Kodera Y (2016). Molecular mechanisms of peritoneal dissemination in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol, 22(30): 6829.
6. Mocellin S, Verdi D, Pooley KA, Nitti D (2015). Genetic variation and gastric can-cer risk: a field synopsis and meta-analysis. Gut, 64(8): 1209-1219.
7. Ono H, Yao K, Fujishiro M, et al (2016). Guidelines for endoscopic submucosal dissection and endoscopic mucosal re-section for early gastric cancer. Dig Endosc, 28(1): 3-15.
8. Shimizu D, Kanda M, Kodera Y (2018). Re-view of recent molecular landscape knowledge of gastric cancer. Histol Histo-pathol, 33(1): 11-26.
9. Abbas M, Faggian A, Sintali DN, et al (2018). Current and future biomarkers in gastric cancer. Biomed Pharmacother, 103: 1688-1700.
10. Matsunuma R, Chan DW, Kim BJ, et al (2018). DPYSL3 modulates mitosis, mi-gration, and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in claudin-low breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 115(51): E11978-1187.
11. Guo H, Xia B (2016). Collapsin response mediator protein 4 isoforms (CRMP4a and CRMP4b) have opposite effects on cell proliferation, migration, and invasion in gastric cancer. BMC Cancer, 16: 565.
12. Oya H, Kanda M, Sugimoto H, et al (2015). Dihydropyrimidinase-like 3 is a putative hepatocellular carcinoma tumor suppres-sor. J Gastroenterol, 50(5): 590-600.
13. McFarlane M, Brettschneider J, Gelsthorpe A, et al (2018). An assessment of candi-date genes to assist prognosis in gastric cancer. J Gastrointest Oncol, 9(2): 303.
14. Liang Y, Wang W, Fang C, et al (2016). Clin-ical significance and diagnostic value of serum CEA, CA19-9 and CA72-4 in pa-tients with gastric cancer. Oncotarget, 7(31): 49565-73.
15. Chen C, Chen Q, Zhao Q, et al (2017). Val-ue of combined detection of serum CEA, CA72-4, CA19-9, CA15-3 and CA12-5 in the diagnosis of gastric cancer. Ann Clin Lab Sci, 47(3): 260-263.
|Issue||Vol 50 No 9 (2021)|
|Serum Carcinoembryonic antigen Gastric cancer Diagnosis Dihydropyrimidinase-like 3 protein|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|