Why Is COVID-19 More Concentrated in Countries with High Economic Status?
2. WorldHealthOrganization (2020). https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---11-march-2020
3. Cifuentes-Faura J (2021). COVID-19 Mortality Rate and Its Incidence in Latin America: Dependence on Demographic and Economic Variables. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 18 (13):6900.
4. Nations U (2017). World Population Ageing 2017-Highlights. Department of Economic and Social Affairs. https://populationmatters.org/population-numbers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkcrk9N3E8gIVCp53Ch2UDwEqEAAYASAAEgKfBvD_BwE
5. Wu Z, McGoogan JM (2020). Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72 314 cases from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Jama, 323 (13):1239-42.
6. Khan MMA, Khan MN, Mustagir MG, Rana J, Islam MS, Kabir MI (2020). Effects of underlying morbidities on the occurrence of deaths in COVID-19 patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Glob Health, 10(2): 020503.
7. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (2020). GBD Results Tool. University of Washington, USA.
8. Mills A (2014). Health care systems in low-and middle-income countries. N Engl J Med, 370:552-557.
9. International Civil Aviation Organization (2020). The World Bank. Air transport, passengers carried. https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IS.AIR.PSGR
10. Williams A (2015). A global index of information transparency and accountability. J Comp Econ, 43:804-824.
|Issue||Vol 50 No 9 (2021)|
|Section||Letter to the Editor|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|