The Role of Serum miR-497 on the Predictive Index of Early Diagnosis and Poor Prognosis of Atherosclerosis Cerebral Infarction
Background: Serum miR-497 can be used as a predictive index of the early diagnosis and poor prognosis of atherosclerosis cerebral infarction (ATCI).
Methods: Overall, 135 ATCI patients, treated in The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, P.R.China from Apr 2012 to Jan 2015, were included in ATCI group. Whereas, 77 patients with non-atherosclerosis cerebral infarction were put in the control group. RT-qPCR was performed for detecting serum miR-497 expression, whose relationship with the patients’ clinicopathological parameters was analyzed. Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves were plotted to evaluate values of serum miR-497 for diagnosing ATCI patients and their 3-year and 5-year overall survival rates (OSRs). Cox regression analysis was conducted on prognostic factors of ATCI patients.
Results: miR-497 remarkably rose in the serum of ATCI patients, and was correlated with histories of hypertension, smoking and diabetes mellitus (DM). Its areas under curves (AUCs) for diagnosing these pathological parameters were 0.803, 0.817 and 0.819, respectively. Its expression was higher in the serum of the patients with recurrence and poor prognoses. Its AUCs for predicting the two conditions were 0.924 and 0.937, respectively. The 3- and 5-year OSRs of patients with low expression were remarkably higher than those of patients with high expression.
Conclusion: miR-497 and histories of hypertension, smoking and DM were independent prognostic factors affecting the 3-year OSR of ATCI patients. miR-497 expression rises in ATCI patients, so this miR is expected to become a serum diagnostic marker for ATCI.
2. Wufuer Y, Shan X, Sailike M, et al (2017). GPVIFcPEG improves cerebral infarct volume and cerebral thrombosis in mouse model with cerebral thrombosis. Mol Med Rep, 16(5): 7561-7568.
3. Poncyljusz W, Falkowski A, Kojder I, et al (2007). Treatment of acute ischemic brain infarction with the assistance of local intraarterial thrombolysis with recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator. Acta Radiol, 48(7): 774-780.
4. Chu H, Zhang S, Fu J, et al (2017). [TIE's flying acupuncture for acute cerebral infarction hemiplegia: a randomized controlled trial]. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu, 37(11): 1153-1156.
5. Sun DJ, Zhuang AX, Zeng QH, et al (2014). A study of microemboli monitoring of atherosclerotic thrombotic cerebral infarction and artery stenosis. Genet Mol Res, 13(3): 6734-6745.
6. Leclercq M, Diallo AB, Blanchette M (2013). Computational prediction of the localization of microRNAs within their pre-miRNA. Nucleic Acids Res, 41(15): 7200-7211.
7. Ha J, Kim H, Yoon Y, et al (2015). A method of extracting disease-related microRNAs through the propagation algorithm using the environmental factor based global miRNA network. Biomed Mater Eng, 26 Suppl 1: S1763-1772.
8. Fleming NH, Zhong J, da Silva IP, et al (2015). Serum-based miRNAs in the prediction and detection of recurrence in melanoma patients. Cancer, 121(1): 51-59.
9. Takahasi K, Iinuma H, Wada K, et al (2018). Usefulness of exosome-encapsulated microRNA-451a as a minimally invasive biomarker for prediction of recurrence and prognosis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci, 25(2): 155-161.
10. Zhang R, Qin Y, Zhu G, et al (2016). Low serum miR-320b expression as a novel indicator of carotid atherosclerosis. J Clin Neurosci, 33: 252-258.
11. Zhang YZ, Wang J, Xu F (2017). Circulating miR-29b and miR-424 as Prognostic Markers in Patients with Acute Cerebral Infarction. Clin Lab, 63(10): 1667-1674.
12. Xu GS, Li ZW, Huang ZP, et al (2019). MiR-497-5p inhibits cell proliferation and metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting insulin-like growth factor 1. Mol Genet Genomic Med, 7(10): e00860.
13. Wang J, Lin M, Ren H, et al (2019). Expression and Clinical Significance of Serum miR-497 in Patients with Acute Cerebral Infarction. Clin Lab, 65(4).
14. Xue MZ, Li YJ, Gao XG, et al (2011). [Atherosclerotic stenosis of intracranial and extracranial cerebral arteries in patients with cerebral infarction and the correlative factors]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi, 91(11): 762-765.
15. QiaoZhen X, AiGuo M, Tong W, et al(2019). Correlation between of small dense low-density lipoprotein cholesterol with acute cerebral infarction and carotid atherosclerotic plaque stability. J Clin Lab Anal, 33(6): e22891.
16. Kobiyama K, Saigusa R, Ley K (2019). Vaccination against atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Immunol, 59: 15-24.
17. Libby P, Buring JE, Badimon L, et al (2019). Atherosclerosis. Nat Rev Dis Primers, 5(1): 56.
18. Zhao L, Zhai Z, Hou W (2016). Analysis of Carotid color ultrasonography and high sensitive C-reactive protein in patients with atherosclerotic cerebral infarction. Pak J Med Sci, 32(4): 931-934.
19. Chen X, Lin S, Gu L, et al (2019). Inhibition of miR-497 improves functional outcome after ischemic stroke by enhancing neuronal autophagy in young and aged rats. Neurochem Int, 127: 64-72.
20. Yin KJ, Deng Z, Huang H, et al (2010). miR-497 regulates neuronal death in mouse brain after transient focal cerebral ischemia. Neurobiol Dis, 38(1): 17-26.
21. Wang YY, Li H, Wang XH, et al (2016). Probucol inhibits MMP-9 expression through regulating miR-497 in HUVECs and apoE knockout mice. Thromb Res, 140: 51-58.
22. Luo L, Zhu M, Zhou J (2018). Association between CTSS gene polymorphism and the risk of acute atherosclerotic cerebral infarction in Chinese population: a case-control study. Biosci Rep, 38(6): BSR20180586.
23. Higashi Y (2009). Edaravone for the treatment of acute cerebral infarction: role of endothelium-derived nitric oxide and oxidative stress. Expert Opin Pharmacother, 10(2): 323-331.
24. Yu LH, Wang DX, Li YH, et al (2015). [Recurrence of Cerebral Infarction Associated Aspirin Resistance or Chinese Medical Constitutions: a Correlation Study]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi, 35(10): 1205-1209.
25. Cui J, Ren Z, Zou W, et al (2017). miR-497 accelerates oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced lipid accumulation in macrophages by repressing the expression of apelin. Cell Biol Int, 41(9): 1012-1019.
|Issue||Vol 50 No 5 (2021)|
|Serum microRNA-497 Atherosclerosis cerebral infarction Prognosis Predictive index|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|