An Infertile Man with Complementary Isochromosome of 46, XY, I(5)(P10),I(5)(Q10): A Case Report
Chromosome aberration is associated with infertility and isochromosome is a rare chromosomal abnormality potentially associated with infertility or multiple miscarriages. Here we report a man of 29-yr-old diagnosed of infertility from China with rare isochromosome. Peripheral blood lymphocytes were obtained for chromosome G banding karyotyping. Hormones and other tests were performed. The semen analysis revealed Azoospermia. Complementary isochromosome of 46, XY, i(5)(p10),i(5)(q10) was identified. This is the ﬁrst report of Complementary isochromosome of 46, XY, i(5)(p10),i(5)(q10).
2. Guvendag Guven ES, Dilbaz S, et al.(2011). An uncommon complementary isochromosome of 46,XY, i(9)(p10),i(9)(q10) in an infertile oligoasthenoteratozoospermic man. Fertil Steril, 95(1):290 e5-8.
3. Kotzot D, Holland H, Keller E, Froster UG (2001). Maternal isochromosome 7q and paternal isochromosome 7p in a boy with growth retardation. Am J Med Genet, 102(2):169-72.
4. Baumer A, Basaran S, Taralczak M, et al (2007). Initial maternal meiotic I error leading to the formation of a maternal i(2q) and a paternal i(2p) in a healthy male. Cytogenet Genome Res, 118(1):38-41.
5. Kotzot D(2001). Complex and segmental uniparental disomy (UPD): review and lessons from rare chromosomal complements. J Med Genet, 38(8):497-507.
6. Kotzot D (2008). Complex and segmental uniparental disomy updated. J Med Genet, 45(9):545-56.
7. Simmonds MJ, Yesmin K, Newby PR, Brand OJ, Franklyn JA, Gough SC (2010). Confirmation of association of chromosome 5q31-33 with United Kingdom Caucasian Graves' disease. Thyroid, 20(4):413-7.
8. Ceccarelli C, Canale D, Vitti P(2008). Radioactive iodine (131I) effects on male fertility. Curr Opin Urol, 18(6):598-601.
9. Nikoobakht MR, Aloosh M, Nikoobakht N, Mehrsay AR, Biniaz F, Karjalian MA(2012). The role of hypothyroidism in male infertility and erectile dysfunction. Urol J, 9(1):405-9.
10. Xin-hua B(2012). Thyroid Dysfunction Patient’S Hormones Level Change Analysis. Inner Mongolia Med J, 44(3):312-3.